Twice-cooked Pork with Spicy Sauce
Twice-cooked pork with Spicy Sauce ,also known as Double Cooked Pork Slices or Sautéed Sliced Pork with Pepper and Chili, is a kind of Chinese cooking in the traditional dishes of pork.This is a famous dish of the Sichuan cuisine,Which means boiled once and stir fried once.
Interestingly, I have never found one Shanghainese restaurant here in Hong Kong not listing this Double Cooked or Twice Cooked Pork Slices on their menu.A possible reason is that they love spicy food as well. Added to this, my guess is, this dish is just too simple to adapt because unlike other Sichuan foods, which require lots of spices and different types of chilies, the key ingredients for making this dish include only chili bean sauce, pork slices, green and red chili peppers.
In this article,I will tell you how to do the authentic chinese pork recipes.
Ingredients for Twice-cooked Pork with Spicy Sauce :
300g pork hind leg, 1 green pepper, 1 garlic leek
(1) 50ml oil
(2) 3 slices ginger, 30g spicy bean paste, 10g sweet bean paste
(3) 20ml soy sauce, 20ml cooking wine, 10g sugar
1. Chop green pepper in to triangular pieces and chop garlic leek into 1 inch long pieces.
2. Use cold water to boil pork, bring the water to boil and turn down to simmer for about 30 minutes. Take out the water and let it cool down. Then cut into thin slices.
3. Heat the wok and add 30ml oil, when the oil is hot, add the pork in first, stir and let the fat cook out. Then add garlic leek and green pepper in and stir-fry together. Then take out.
4. Heat 20ml oil till hot and add seasoning (2) stir till fragrant. Then add stuff from method 3 in and seasoning (3) stir-fry all together for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
I am quite satisfied with this dish. Besides if bamboo shoots are still in season, I will also include a few slices of them. Enjoy, whichever.
Copyrights © Chinese cooking
Please indicate the author and link to original source when reproduced!